Friday 4 October 2013

A/W 2013 Going Out Look Book

I don't claim to be an expert of fashion whatsoever, but as I am a slightly curvier person than most that I see online and in my magazines, I decided to show you a quick look book! These are some outfits I have put together for going out of an evening.

May it be to a club, restaurant, out with friends, or even for a work event, these clothes are all useful!
I've pieced together recent bought items with some pieces I've had for a while but never had a use for them until now!

Outfit One
Monochrome Dress ~ Primark ~ £5 (on sale)
Black Strappy Shoes ~ Primark ~ £6 (on sale)
Black Court Shoes - Select ~ £10

The cut-out part of the dress!
The dress is a simple monochrome look consisting of what I've always called jungle print. Whether that is the correct name for the print, I don't know! Like I said, I am no expert! The dress caught my eye ages ago due to the design and the cutout at the front of the dress, which is just below the bust, and doesn't show off too much skin, which is something I am conscious about. As for the shaping of it, I don't feel like a whale in it or feel like I will draw a chunk of attention my way!

I paired this with black shoes, a choice of two, depending on the weather. If you can brave cold feet like I can most of the time, the strappy ones fit it perfectly, but the classic court shoes work just as well and keep the toes covered!



Outfit Two 
Monochrome Zig-Zag Vest Top ~ Primark ~ £4
Black Pencil Skirt ~ Select ~ £8
Black Court Shoes ~ As above
Black Pointed Shoes - As above

This outfit is so comfy! You can wear either pair of the black shoes with it, though I favor the court shoes with this one. The top is a simple vest top, slightly baggy so it looks better tucked into the skirt. The skirt is made of a thick material, like jersey kinda thick! I bought this a few months ago but it was too hot for it, yet now it it colder, it is the perfect weather for it.


 It is about knee length on me, so fairly modest and the fact it is a pencil skirt shows off the curves that I possess in a way that I am happy with! The top is my favourite part of this outfit as I normally go for plain tops, but this caught my eye and I couldn't resist!

Outfit Three
Red Leopard Spot Vest Top ~ Primark ~ £4
Red Jeggins - Primark - £7
Red Court Shoes ~ Select ~ £10

I braved a bright colour. Plus skinny jeans. I know that sounds a tad dramatic, but me and skinny jeans have an up and down relationship. Sometime I love them and they love my thighs, other times we have a disagreement that lasts months at a time. I've been living in bootcut jeans for a year, so time to venture out and be bold in some red! You can wear this with the black shoes too, but I like to go big with a colour and match it everywhere. I usually have a red clutch to go with this too, so I am easy to spot in a crowd! Keeps you nice and warm in the winter and a bonus for us ladies is... one less leg shave!



I also paired all the three outfits with a black coat when going out, plus a matching bag and whatever accessories I choose at the time, as I am constantly changing my mind! I hope you all enjoyed my first look book! I love clothes, fashion and all things like this, so I thought I would give this a try. Monochrome is a style I will always love, so the red is pushing my comfort zone for me, but I love, love, LOVE, that outfit!  Let me know if you like this sort of thing and I will happily do more, though I will probably do so anyway!


Keep safe and have a great weekend!
Tania x

4 comments:

  1. I really like outfit number three! Can imagine this would look great together.

    The content on your blog is great too :)

    accordingto-ellie.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think outfit three is my fave of all of them as it is nice and colourful!
      Checking out your blog now! xx

      Delete
  2. i love the monochrome dress! i can imagine it is very flattering :) followed your blog - love it! xx

    sophiesfashionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, and it is quite flattering for my body shape yes!
      Thank you for the follow, will go check yours out and follow back xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!