Friday 14 March 2014

Mini Book Haul | My Life

Hello everyone!

If you know me a bit by now, you'll know how much of a book worm I am. When it was half term for schools in the UK I only noticed by the parents I served at work that weekend as they were most grumpy about this fact! My Mum never seemed to stress much over this time of year much when my sister and I were younger, due to one thing. Books. She realized we were quite happy to spend the best portion of the week with a book, (mainly Harry Potter or something by Jacqueline Wilson), and just gave us something to read for the holidays.

This hasn't changed, and I've gone on to read longer books and series. Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF), Lord of the Rings, Twilight, Vampire Beach and the Hunger Games are just some of the books I immerse myself in. I'm still plodding slowly through ASOIAF, but still went and bought more books the other day. I LOVE books, so when I saw all these in a clearance sale, I just had to get them.

These are all from The Works, on sale for £1 each!


These four books are all ones that caught my eye due to their covers and titles. I know the whole 'don't judge a book by it's cover' mantra, but in the pile of £1 books, these are what I liked the look and sound of!


Left: The Bride Stripped Bare by Nikki Gemmell. It looks a little like the 50 Shades of Grey books which I've read and liked, so hopefully this will be something similar!
Right: Revelry by Lucy Lord. The back cover suggest this is all set in the summer, and feature two wealthy girls on a whirlwind of partying, festivals, love and heartbreak. My sort of lazy day read!


The more 'teen' books that I found. I'm a sucker for anything by Meg Cabot, and these two sound like similar writers and styles.
Left: The Facts of Life: Rachel Riley (almost) wakes up and smells the coffee by Joanna Nadin. This is wrote in diary form, much like the Princess Diaries, so I already have high hopes for this. It also looks like it is part of a series...
Right: Million Dollar Mates: Paparazzi Princess by Cathy Hopkins. Seemingly like it is part of a series, but you don't need to have read the others to understand it - or I am hoping so at least. It is about some rich girl who likes a guy, and another rich girl moves near them and another guy gets involved. Teen love story at it's best!

Once I've read them all, I'll try and review them properly. These are all on standby for days when ASOIAF is just to heavy to concentrate on. What book are you currently reading? Hope you're day is going well and keep safe :)



2 comments:

  1. The Works is so lethal for books haha I'm a proper book worm too! They have the best deals ever
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever come out of there empty handed! It's so much worse when I see a sale in their window :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!