Friday 2 May 2014

Last Year I Was... | Tag

Hello everyone!

I saw this tag on BVL's blog last month, and finally decided to do it! This is the 'Last Year I Was...' tag, where you compare last year and this year! So here it goes....

Yes that's right... I managed to find a picture of myself exactly a year apart and wow. The 2013 pictures is from my Florida holiday and I've got powder and mascara on only... 2014 is the full works! Definitely look better now! :)


What was the best thing to happen to you last year? What was the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Last year the best thing that happened to me was breaking off my engagement and relationship with the ex. It wasn't a good relationship near the end, and after almost five years together, I just had enough of some things that had been happening (among a lot of other crap). I felt a lot better a few months later and it meant I was now able to 'spread my wings' and get back into the things I love before the relationship. YouTube, blogging, friends, down time, all were things I got back and I am miles happier now. 
The best thing this year has to be my nephew being born, having a car for a year and not crashing it, reconnecting with friends and my blog. I'm thankful for so much this year and it's only just turned May!


What was your fashion sense like last year? What is it like this year?
Last year and this year is still pretty much the same. However, I am now happier to wear dresses and skirts a little more. I'm still at the same level of confidence within myself (so about 70% happy!) and I've taken to getting nicer things! The only thing I've changed this year is that I've introduced a lot of 'nerd' tops into my wardrobe. Marvel and Harry Potter tees have taken over!


What was your makeup like last year? What is it like this year?
Last year I was only wearing powder and mascara. I had no idea what other products were last April, and if I knew of them, I couldn't have told you the difference between a blusher and highlighter. I've got oily and shiny skin at the best of times, so powder was my way of hiding that and my mascara was just there to define my eyes a little more! I didn't get into makeup until about October last year!
Fast forward a year and I've got a full face on when I go outside. Foundation, powders, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow - the works. If it's a night out, I go berserk with my colours. Day to day is neutrals and browns, but nights out with the girls brings out neons! I've had to teach myself how to use everything, learn what all the brushes are - thank you bbloggers and YouTube! I'm still figuring out the eyebrow filling in though!

What was your hair style like last year? What is it like this year?
Nothing has really changed with my hair! As long as it is clean and I can whip it up into a ponytail and a moments notice, I'm happy! The only change is that it's grown about three inches and I now have a side parting!

 What were your ambitions like late year? What are they this year?
Ambitions are not something I really think about to be honest! I suppose I had briefly though of the non-wedding, but other than that, it was just to get through my job each weekend! However once October hit, I got into blogging and liked that. This year rolled round and I'd kept at blogging for a few months, and six months later I'm still blogging each week and loving it. An ambition now is to get through work when I am there, and then see where my blog takes me. It's made me realise how much I love writing.


Hope you enjoyed this, and if you've done this tag or want to do it, I tag you! Let me know with a comment below if you've done one so I can check it out. Hope you have a great day and keep safe :)


2 comments:

  1. I love a good tag and I loved this one so much I did it myself!

    http://www.lazydaysbeauty.com/2014/05/tag-last-year-i-was.html if you'd like to have a peek!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't changed her hair in a year!

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading it now!! My hair has been the same for the past two years really, onyl changed the parting haha! xx

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!