Thursday 14 August 2014

Cornwall Holiday Diary, Day One

Hello everyone!

I got back from my wonderful holiday a few days ago and I took a lot of pictures that I thought I would share with you. We went to Cornwall in the Porthcothan area (near Padstow) for two weeks, and for the first time in about 7 years, it was SUNNY. I mean really, really hot. I have a tan and everything. Glorious! So without further ado, here is my holiday chronicled in a number of blog posts over the next few weeks!

You can watch the vlog of this day HERE.

Obligatory note: I'm not trying to brag about anything we done, or even the holiday itself. I just wanted to share it.


Day One: The 300 mile, 6 hour trip began at 6am! It eventually took us 8 hours to get to the campsite due to heavy traffic near Stonehenge on the A303, and also the three car crash involving mine and my Grandad's car. All caused by a driver behind him who then hit us. Arrived at the caravan/chalet and it was 24 degrees celsius!

On the road | Aftermath of the accident, taken at the road side
Passing Stonehenge after the accident | The caravan where I stayed with Dad, and his car!
Delicious dinner at Fryer Tucks in St. Merryn | Ash on the beach!
Our gorgeous Porthcothan Bay beach. This beach owns my heart, is is so beautiful and has so many memories.
Obligatory group selfie! Grandad, Dad, me and the sister all on the beach!
Other than the really annoying accident on the journey down to Cornwall, the rest of the journey was okay, albeit a little bumpy when we entered Cornwall. The bad weather they got on February has damaged a lot of the little country roads to bits and was a bit hard to navigate down!

Hope you liked day one and will be back with day two soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!