Wednesday 7 September 2016

I Made My Own Perfume!*


At the end of July, a lovely company called Fragrance By Me* got in contact with me, and asked if I'd like to make my own perfume! As a massive fragrance fan, this appealed to me immediately, and I said yes after a quick look over their website. You mix together the scents you want, and they send you three vials of perfumes. #1 is the scent you made, and #2 and #3 are options based on a different mix of the choices you selected.



You simply enter three fragrances that you like the smell of, and then they will tell you what scents and undertones each of them has, and which three they all have in common. I entered Zoella's Let's Spritz, Escada's Turqoise Summer and, Victoria's Secret's Coconut Passion!

My three main scents were 'sweet, fruity and tropical fruits'. I selected all of these for my option, and although there are 6 other's as well as these 3, I chose to go with the common ones to see what happened! You then pick 3 of a potential 9 undertone scents to go with your perfumes. I chose 'bergamot, amber and lily of the valley' for mine - which may be why #1 is an amber colour and the other two are clear!



The you pay for the samples of your perfume and the two they have also mixed for you. When you then get your samples, pick which of the three you'd like the most and then you can buy a full sized bottle for $40 and give it your own name!

I've named all three of them with some names sooo:
1- Seeking Summer
2- Maid of Stone
3- Enigma

I loved #1 the most, which is the one I made, and I really liked #3, but #2 was a bit weird for me, so two of three isn't bad!

Give this a try for yourself for $20 /£15 - and let me know what you used as inspiration and what your perfumes smell like when you get them! What would you pick if your made your own fragrance? Let me know! Hope you have a great day and keep safe :)

post signature
Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Tumblr | Pinterest | Facebook


*Collab Post

5 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of this before - what an interesting idea!

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cool concept and something I've loved trying out :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! That must be so awesome to make your own fragrance!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun thing to do, and I love how mine turned out! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Have you ever tried Escada Magnetism? I think that will be a great mixture for making your own fragrance. I have been using this fragrance for last two years. The fragrance is really nice. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! I read all my comments, and will try and reply when I can!